COVID Safety Plan
In developing our COVID-19 Safety Plan, we have followed official information and advice produced by the Australian Government, ACT Health, ACT Sport and Recreation and the Australian dance industry association, Ausdance.
All Gumnut Dance staff have completed Infection Control training and are fully vaccinated.
All persons over 12 will be required to wear a mask in the venue. Children in grades 3 to 6 are to wear masks if possible. Masks do not need to be worn by students or teachers during dance class. As per ACT Health Directions, a person is not required to wear a face mask if they have a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, which makes wearing a face mask detrimental to their condition.
Parents are to drop off and pick up children at the front door. If a child needs assistance, one parent can enter the venue with permission from staff. For the Spinning Gumnut level (2-3.5 years), one parent/carer per child is allowed into the studio to dance. The accompanying parent/carer will be required to wear a mask throughout class.
In order to keep our studio safe, we expect all families to abide by the policies listed in the graphic, plus any other ACT Health Directions such as wearing of face masks.
Gumnut Dance staff reserve the right to send children home if they are unwell.
All our Gumnut Dance staff will:
- not attend if unwell
- abide by face mask mandates and wear a face mask while inside the venue, but not during vigorous exercise (i.e. dance class)
- sign in with the CBR check-in app
- abide by the one person per 4 sqm rule
- keep children 1.5m apart in the dance studio, where possible
- ensure no intermingling between groups as they enter and exit the building
- provide hand sanitiser, soap and paper towels
- follow cleaning protocols and COVID safe strategies for teaching
- clean high touch surfaces between classes
- remind children of hygiene measures
- take attendance to aid contact tracing.